Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving vs. Black Friday


Well, I realize this is the first update in the entire month of November.  Things have been a little busy.  All right, maybe they've been a lot busy.  This month has been a challenge, but I have seen some good improvements in many of my students.  Of course, it would be way too easy if they participated well every day or even most days in a week.  It has been encouraging to see this change happening.  I actually got to teach what felt like a complete lesson last Friday!  It was great.


The "worst storm ever" was a little bit of a joke.  We had some high winds and some flooding.  Neither was as severe as predicted.  The picture to the left is a view of the sea ice after the flooding peaked.  It would have needed to rise significantly higher to reach where we are and have any impact.


And now to the heart of the matter...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!  For the first time, I am unable to be with the family for Thanksgiving dinner, and I will miss the kids' table.  I certainly miss the food...a lot, but even without the food, I would simply love to spend the time with the fam.


I'm going to keep this rather brief today, but I will end with a question.  Why is it that a day after we spend being thankful for everything that we have, countless people stampede their way through stores acting in the most selfish and materialistic manner possible?


And now, a countdown to my Christmas arrival:


No comments:

Post a Comment