Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quarterly Review

Well, it's official.  The first quarter of this school year is in the books, and it has certainly been an incredible time.  I currently have fifteen students who require a crazy amount of attention at all times.  The chaos level in the classroom can easily get out of hand, but I am starting to learn how to manage it and keep most of the students on task.  I have a few who just don't care, but we are working on it.  Another recurrent issue is sleep deprivation.  Sometimes, things happen in the village that can't be avoided by the kids, and they are unable to get sufficient rest.  However, there are other times when the kids simply stay out too late at night.  Things do seem to be getting better though.

Oh yeah!  We have had some foreign substance polluting our shores recently.  It is very strange and cold.  I took a picture of it (obviously...).  We've had it for a little over a week now.  Temperatures have been slowly creeping downward.  I first saw snow here on the last day of September, but it really seems like it is here to stay now.  We're consistently at or right below 30 degrees, and the lowest wind chill I saw was around 15 degrees.  I've talked with some people back in the Pennsylvania/Virginia area who mentioned their "cold" days.  Friends, 50 degrees is not cold...don't think you realize!  Actually, after this winter, I think any temperature above 0 will feel warmish.

And now, it is time for...yes...a secret message:

FBGAG JMLD GQ UBPX, UBPX DMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment